forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 4817  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Jerry Spillman
Date:  Wed Apr 18, 2001  12:22 am
Subject:  Re: Reference Guide in ASL for Firemen?

Dear Valerie and List,

What if Paul were to send the list short sentences of the kinds of
communications and questions and let our teachers and/or classes (Stefan
and Cecelia and Nancy come to mind) design a card format that would
perhaps show both "expressive" pictures and sign writing representations
of those sentences. I can imagine he wants such things to ask, such as
the following:

Where you live? Where mother? Where father? Do you know your
house address? Write down (whomever-mother, father, doctor, friend)
phone number (tdd, address, names, etc., etc.) for me?...

This could be then laminated and the deaf person given a dry-erase
marker to write on it to help the non-signer understand.

Just some suggestions.

Jerry.

  Message 4817  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index