forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 4819  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Stefan Woehrmann2
Date:  Wed Apr 18, 2001  7:53 am

Hi Valerie and List members,

this weekend there is our premiere in Germany!

For the first time I ±> going to teach a group of 10 to 12 adults - hearing
and Deaf -
"GebaerdenSchrift" (as we call SW in Germany)

I offered two different courses .

Course one : Learning to read SW (GebaerdenSchrift lesen lernen)
Course two : Learning to write SW (GebaerdenSchrift schreiben lernen)

The first course - a weekend - project - starts on Friday 6. pm to 9
pm
Then we gon on all Saturday and all Sunday (9 AM till 5 PM)

Uff - in the end there will be a small group of SW-readers who should be
able to understand the basics of SW.

The reason that I post this message is the following : Is there anybody -
who can share some of his SW-course experiences ? Some interesting ideas,
tips, tricks, experiments, funny tasks ... ??

Don't worry - of course I have prepared my time-table and I'm still in the
process of adding new elements ..
So if there are some ideas that can be of any help I would appreciate your
comments very much !

I will let you know what we did and how we did - I'm confident that the
participants will experience some of that enthusiasm that allows me to
devote so much time and energy on this matter.

SW is a wonderfull thing and such a precious tool at school .

Have a look at my attached gif. Practice - every day a little bit - just as
if you are learning an instrument (violine - cello ) will lead to some level
of competence - eh ! This is an artist . You can watch him from behind
during his performance. So this is another example of how to read and
understand SW. The right index finger, the left handshapes, the symbols for
shoulder, head - nobody will miss his lower part of the body - just because
everybody concentrates on the important - most informativ - area ...

Stefan ;-)

Attachment
kuenstler_mit_ball.gif
Type: image/gif

4820 Workshop in Germany this weekend ;-) Valerie Sutton Wed  4/18/2001

  Message 4819  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index