forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 4821  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Henk Pel
Date:  Wed Apr 18, 2001  2:53 pm
Subject:  kuenstler

Dear Stefan and list,
I received your Kuenstler this morning. Your animations are so great!. What
a nice introduction to Sign Writing. I'm sure that your students will learn
a great deal from you this week-end. I'm looking forward to hearing how
everything went. I wish you the best of luck with your new project,
Henk.

You are a GENIUS!!! Stefan. It is really fun watching your animation.

About Ideas, well, for what ever it is worth: I have made cut outs of some
of the basic signs. Each student have a small rectangular board in front of
them on the table. I would sign for example "I- Me", "GO SCHOOL" "COME HOME"
and they would lay out the signs on the board. They then compare with one an
other. They won't learn to draw you say. I was really surprised when they
actually wrote, I did not have to teach them.
That is working well here.

As well, on each last get together of the month, we have a "game session"
I made cards with words written on it and a number. The other side is blank.
Each player gets 5 cards. Each in turn have to sign the word. If they can
sign it, the signer can place the card open in the centre. The trick is to
get rid of the highest number first. If they can not sign it, they have to
keep the card. At the end of the 5th round you have a chance to spell the
name for one round. We try not to speak of course and when we give the
number left over, to the record keeper we have to sign the number as well.
It is great fun. Of course the cards are made up to level of each group's
knowledge of SL

GOOD LUCK!!!
Tini.

  Message 4821  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index