forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 4853  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Valerie Sutton
Date:  Tue Apr 24, 2001  1:46 am
Subject:  Technical problems with the SW List...

April 23, 2001

Dear SignWriting List Members:

As you know, the SignWriting List is hosted at Humber College in
Canada. Paul Cowley owns the List. I try my best to manage it ;-)

Last Friday night, the software that runs the List, called ListServe
software, stopped responding...I thought maybe it was a "traffic jam"
on the internet ;-)

So since last Friday night, the SW List could not receive any
messages, nor could I send commands to the Listserve software to try
to solve the problem. When I did that, there was no response. And
there still is no response to approximately 12 of my commands sent
last Friday...

Paul Cowley was on vacation over the weekend....well deserved of course!

This morning, Paul helped out, and we have received three messages,
but around 20 others have not arrived to the List yet, so patience is
required...especially on my part...as I want so much to read all your
messages and respond!!

I hope you receive this message - ha!

Oh, and by the way, Jerry and Sandra....I did instruct the ListServe
to change Sandra's email address last Friday night...but the
ListServe never responded to me, so I don't know if I succeeded or
not...you have not been forgotten Sandra ;-)

And thanks so much, Jerry, for all your help....
--

Val ;->