forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 4884  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Valerie Sutton
Date:  Sun Apr 29, 2001  4:13 pm
Subject:  QUESTION: Dictionary file-sizes in SignWriter 4.4?

SignWriting List
April 29, 2001

QUESTION
How many signs can one Dictionary file hold in SignWriter 4.4?

ANSWER
10,800 signs total. That is broken down into two parts:

A-L......holds 5,400 signs
M-Z.....holds 5,400 signs

You can find out how many signs you have entered, or how much space
is left in your dictionary file, by quitting SignWriter, and starting
the Dictionary Manager program.

To start the Dictionary Manager program, be sure you are in MS-DOS in
your SW directory. At the C: prompt, type DICT and then press Enter
or Return.

Then type "I" for Info, and ask for Info on your dictionary file. It
will tell you how many signs are already in your dictionary.

Dictionary files can also be merged, but the end result cannot be
more than 10,800 signs. Someday I hope to ask a programmer to expand
that number for us...
--

Val ;->