forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 4902  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Valerie Sutton
Date:  Fri May 4, 2001  2:13 pm
Subject:  Re: ASL-Libras-English-Portuguese Dictionary

From: "SignNet-MCT-PUCRS"
Subject: SignNet/Brazil
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2001 16:51:53 -0300

Dear Valerie,

You know that Charles is working with us, he is doing an ASL/LIBRAS,
Portuguese/English dictionary. So we need a kind of classification
other than alphabetical one, we've thought about a handshape order as
shown in SignWriting textbook and after that a directional order from
top to bottom (of the body). In this file we are sending, Marianne
shows how we can make an all dictionary based in sign language,
putting aside all classifications used for spoken language. Please,
take a look and give us a feedback, we'll try to put it in a text to
you soon. Best regards ! Marianne and SignNet Project

Attachment
BrasilGrupo1.gif
Type: image/gif

  Message 4902  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index