forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 4911  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Valerie Sutton
Date:  Sun May 6, 2001  1:41 pm
Subject:  Re: SignWriting and Deaf culture

Denise Larkin wrote:
> Did anyone else have these challenges when it came to incorporating
>SW into their own countries?
>Sincerely, Denise Larkin

SignWriting List
May 6, 2001

Hello Denise and Everyone...

Yes!! Every teacher has enormous challenges when trying to
incorporate SignWriting into their classrooms. Ask any of the
teachers...Stefan in Germany, Ingvild in Norway, Cecilia Flood, Kate
Dalton-Lee and Lorraine Crespin in Albuquerque, and what about Nancy
Cole? Nancy is a Deaf teacher of Deaf children who teaches in Las
Cruces, New Mexico, which is on the border with Mexico too.

I have some beautiful photos of Nancy's deaf students using
SignWriting, thanks to Cecilia Flood, but I need to get Nancy's
permission first, before I can share them with you.

And no one is more tired of Goldilocks than I am!!

People need to start writing their OWN literature in SignWriting, and
stop making excuses that "Valerie or the DAC hasn't done enough"....I
am clearly not superhuman ;-)
--

Val ;->