forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 4925  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Valerie Sutton
Date:  Mon May 7, 2001  8:21 pm
Subject:  Beautiful Brazil ;-))

SignWriting List
May 7, 2001

Dear SignWriting List:

Beautiful Brazil....I hear it is a very beautiful country. And
certainly, all of the Brazilians I work with, have mirrored that
beauty. I appreciate your messages very much.

Every week I receive long messages from Brazilians. Many of them are
Deaf people themselves, whom I have never met. They write to me in
Portuguese, and I sit with a Portuguese dictionary, and read and
understand every word! I then respond with Portuguese messages that
other people have written for me, or I respond in English and hope
they understand me.

But there are also technical messages from Brazil. Last week, for
example, I worked with Antonio Carlos da Rocha Costa on software
development issues. Several computer programs from Brazil will
benefit SignWriting in the future....

Dr. Fernando Capovilla's Brazilian Sign Language Dictionary will be
published in the next couple of months too...That will be quite
something to see!! A very thick, monumental work...

And now, SignNet, Cristina, Marianne, and of course Charles Butler!...

What a great project...to create a four-way dictionary, between
LIBRAS-ASL-PORTUGUESE and ENGLISH. I will be happy to help you with
that project ;-)

I will now focus on SignNet's messages about the dictionary...
--

Val ;->