forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 4929  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Stefan Woehrmann2
Date:  Mon May 7, 2001  10:57 pm
Subject:  Re: SignWriting and Deaf culture ; collection of SW stories

Hi James ,

I was very surprised to see item # 6 on your wonderfull list.

"6) The Mouse and the Lion: lion spares mouse; later, mouse frees lion
from
net. Was Aesop involved in this?? Anyway, this is one of those
cross-cultural animal morality fables good anywhere. Moral: watch your step
in the bush. "

It is La Fontaine - who wrote this fable ;-) Aesop as well ???

Nevertheless I ±> very interested to look at your Nicaraguan Sign Language
version -
Do you know our Signed German Version (LBG) which is posted on our homepage

https://www.gebaerdenschrift.de/school/loewe%20und%20maus/01_loewe.htm

All the best

Stefan ;-)