forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 4935  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Valerie Sutton
Date:  Tue May 8, 2001  7:31 pm
Subject:  Re: SignWriting and Deaf culture

Denise Larkin wrote:
>Thank you all for your wonderful input. It's nice to know that I am not
>alone in my struggles. Sometimes I think people come up with negative
>comments about SW because they do not want to learn anything new. I would
>like to apologize if I gave anyone the impression that I was trashing
>Goldilocks. I really like Goldilocks. It is people from different countries
>that have problems with it, and I was just trying to get ideas on how to
>make everyone happy.

SignWriting List
May 8, 2001

Hello Everyone, and Denise!

Yesterday I was blessed by a phone call from Denise. We talked for
over an hour. It was an amazing conversation, because I learned so
much about Denise's accomplishments...Thank you for the phone call!
You are an incredible person, Denise, with soooo much to share with
us.

I learned that Denise has already written new SignWriting literature.
The books are not just a dream. They already exist and are being
prepared for publication. Denise's youngest son will be illustrating
the books.

So you do not owe anyone an apology, Denise, including Goldilocks,
who will always serve her purpose. After all, she was the first
(ha!), so as newer literature is published, Goldilocks can at least
say to herself...."I was the pioneer!" grin...

Meanwhile.....we are looking forward to reading your new literature,
Denise....It will be a true gift, truly needed!

I look forward to including your new titles in the SignWriting
Library Online...The Library is growing, thanks to your hard work and
dedication...
--

Val ;->