forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 4938  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Jerry Spillman
Date:  Wed May 9, 2001  3:03 am
Subject:  Re: SignWriting and Deaf culture

Dear Valerie, Nancy, and List,

Nancy and I have two acquaintances in common who have been involved with Mexican Sign Language, Dr. Don Cabbage and Dr. Wayne Gilbreath. Although these gentlemen are not involved with SignWriting, several years ago Don's organization produced a small book of instructional illustrations called Sign Language International: Mexico that I think can be purchased for about $15.00. It contains approximately 1000 signs, and I believe Wayne is using it as textbook on his missionary trips to teach sign language.  It was illustrated by a Mexican deaf man, Mr. Victor M. Palma Gonzalez.  Sign Language International: Mexico is available from: International Communications Publications, P.O. Box 371007, El Paso, Tx, 79937.

I hope this is helpful.

Jerry.

  Replies Author Date
4940 Re: SignWriting and Mexican Sign Language Angus B. Grieve-Smith Wed  5/9/2001

  Message 4938  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index