forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 4948  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Nancy Cole
Date:  Sat May 12, 2001  3:01 pm
Subject:  Re: SignWriting and Deaf culture

In a message dated 5/12/01 8:33:26 AM Mountain Daylight Time,
Sutton@SIGNWRITING.ORG writes:

3. Are you using illustrations? If yes, are the illustrations
copyright free? Do we have permission to use them?

We would like to use illustrations.  I thought about scanning the pictures
after Richard drew them, but our scanner broke.  He will try on seri draw.  I
can send you what we have now if you want.  Let me know,  I'm going to
probably work on them this afternoon.  Also, my daughter read the poem by one
of the young authors, and now she wants to write one!  I'm going to also try
to send Donny's story when he gets done.  We have a scanner at work too that
I have considered.  Donny is a true artist!  We started with him on the
picture workbook, and he wrote a story about a pig.  We have only one
computer, so it is difficult for me to make peace when both of the kids want
the signwriter!

Also, before, Richard and I were afraid of making the wrong signs, but now it
has been really fun!  The kids even try to make the signs, and at the same
time we are learning so much!  Get this....this part is very funny...the
teacher who uses SEE II..wants me to work signwriting with one of her
students next year!!!  It was very hard for me to not die of shock!  But I
have shown her all of the work that Donny and Jessica have been doing, so
maybe we have a change of heart!  Ah well,  thought I would share that!

Smile Everyone!
Nancy Cole
  Message 4948  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index