forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 4949  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Bill Reese
Date:  Sun May 13, 2001  6:20 pm
Subject:  Re: A Special Thank You to Kate Dalton Lee....

Val,

You don't need a large scanner to get the posters scanned. I've been able
to scan an 11x17 portrait with my page-size scanner. I scanned both
sides, then, in a graphics program called Corel Photohouse, I put the two
images together and lined them up. The end result was a complete picture
without even a hint that it had been patched together from two scans.
I'm not sure how large these posters are, but as long as you have a
scanner that can allow you to put the posters flat, then you should be
able to scan it in sections and do what I did.

I know it's more work... sorry... ;-)

Bill

Valerie Sutton wrote:

> On Sun, 6 May 2001, Kate Dalton-Lee wrote:
> >I have to tell you that SW has really made a difference in the way
> >the students approach writing. I want to share with you two distinct
> >experiences that I observed in my classroom this year. Every day I
> >celebrate their victories but when they realize their
> >achievement...that is a true victory....
>
> SignWriting List
> May 12, 2001
>
> Thank you soooo much, Kate, for sharing your SignWriting experiences
> with us. I am glad to know that your students are stimulated to
> express themselves...there are times that I have to pinch myself, to
> realize that students are truly SignWriting literate!
>
> I am writing to give you a second big THANK YOU, for mailing me your
> student's posters, typed in SignWriting...And then the photos of the
> students placed on each poster...that is WONDERFUL ;-))
>
> I need a large scanner to get those posters into the computer, and I
> hope to do that in time...
>
> Please tell your students for me, how happy I am to have their
> posters right here in my office. I have placed them around my office
> so I can look at them while I answer messages from the SignWriting
> List!
> --
>
> Val ;->

> To manage your SW List email,
> send Commands to:
>

> COMMANDS
> for No Mail: SET SW-L NOMAIL
> for Digest Mail: SET SW-L DIGEST
> for Regular Mail: SET SW-L MAIL
> for Member List: REVIEW SW-L by NAME
> to Leave SW List: SIGNOFF SW-L
> to Join SW List: SUB SW-L firstname lastname

  Replies Author Date
4950 Scanning posters... Valerie Sutton Sun  5/13/2001

  Message 4949  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index