forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 4950  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Valerie Sutton
Date:  Sun May 13, 2001  10:08 pm
Subject:  Scanning posters...

Bill Reese wrote:
>I'm not sure how large these posters are, but as long as you have a
>scanner that can allow you to put the posters flat, then you should be
>able to scan it in sections and do what I did. I know it's more work...

SignWriting List
May 13, 2001

Thanks, Bill, for the good advice. You are absolutely right. And
yes...over the years I have also done as you suggest...Kate's posters
are actually able to lie flat, so no problem with that. Sandra's
poster was huge and couldn't...so it depends...

Two Foundations this Spring have donated two new Macintoshes to our
non-profit organization. We are so fortunate! As you know, the first
one was a G4 with video editing capabilities, and this week, from a
group called "Las Patronas", we received a blue iMac, with a matching
blue Epson color printer and what else? a blue mouse of course!!
Blue, blue everywhere...I have always loved color, so it is "cool" to
have a computer that is colorful, inside and out!

The new Macs use another way of connecting equipment, called USB
(which the old Macs do not). This means that I do not have a scanner
with USB...so I have to purchase a new scanner to work with the new
machines....hmmm..I wonder if they make blue scanners?

Meanwhile I am keeping the old equipment, for printing and for teaching...

So I can scan Kate's posters with the old scanner...

Hopefully no more computers will arrive so I can get back to work this week!
--

Val ;->

To manage your SW List email,
send Commands to:

COMMANDS
for No Mail: SET SW-L NOMAIL
for Digest Mail: SET SW-L DIGEST
for Regular Mail: SET SW-L MAIL
for Member List: REVIEW SW-L by NAME
to Leave SW List: SIGNOFF SW-L
to Join SW List: SUB SW-L firstname lastname

  Message 4950  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index