forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 4951  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Bill Reese
Date:  Mon May 14, 2001  12:06 am
Subject:  Re: Scanning posters...

Val,

I don't know what port your scanner normally hooks up to but you can usually
find an adapter of some sort to connect to different ports.

At the Mac site, you can go here:
https://guide.apple.com/uscategories/hwother.lasso
Select "Interfaces" on that page and click Find. That will list some adapters

Hope this helps,
Bill

Hope this helps.

Valerie Sutton wrote:

> Bill Reese wrote:
> >I'm not sure how large these posters are, but as long as you have a
> >scanner that can allow you to put the posters flat, then you should be
> >able to scan it in sections and do what I did. I know it's more work...
>
> SignWriting List
> May 13, 2001
>
> Thanks, Bill, for the good advice. You are absolutely right. And
> yes...over the years I have also done as you suggest...Kate's posters
> are actually able to lie flat, so no problem with that. Sandra's
> poster was huge and couldn't...so it depends...
>
> Two Foundations this Spring have donated two new Macintoshes to our
> non-profit organization. We are so fortunate! As you know, the first
> one was a G4 with video editing capabilities, and this week, from a
> group called "Las Patronas", we received a blue iMac, with a matching
> blue Epson color printer and what else? a blue mouse of course!!
> Blue, blue everywhere...I have always loved color, so it is "cool" to
> have a computer that is colorful, inside and out!
>
> The new Macs use another way of connecting equipment, called USB
> (which the old Macs do not). This means that I do not have a scanner
> with USB...so I have to purchase a new scanner to work with the new
> machines....hmmm..I wonder if they make blue scanners?
>
> Meanwhile I am keeping the old equipment, for printing and for teaching...
>
> So I can scan Kate's posters with the old scanner...
>
> Hopefully no more computers will arrive so I can get back to work this week!
> --
>
> Val ;->

> To manage your SW List email,
> send Commands to:
>

> COMMANDS
> for No Mail: SET SW-L NOMAIL
> for Digest Mail: SET SW-L DIGEST
> for Regular Mail: SET SW-L MAIL
> for Member List: REVIEW SW-L by NAME
> to Leave SW List: SIGNOFF SW-L
> to Join SW List: SUB SW-L firstname lastname

  Replies Author Date
4953 Windows ME and SignWriter 4.4 Valerie Sutton Mon  5/14/2001
4957 Re: Scanning posters... Valerie Sutton Tue  5/15/2001

  Message 4951  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index