forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 4956  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Valerie Sutton
Date:  Tue May 15, 2001  5:47 am
Subject:  Re: Windows ME and SignWriter 4.4

SignWriting List
May 14, 2001

Thank you, Denise, for your information about Windows ME. I
appreciate it! I am glad to hear that Windows ME allows access to MS
DOS...without that feature we are stuck!

And I am learning about new computers too - WOW -There is always
something new to learn. I finally have learned to make CDs for people
instead of floppy disks, when they purchase the SignWriter
program....I know....You probably wonder what planet I have been
living on? smile... Well now I am on earth at least - ha!

I had to design CD labels etc, and all the SignWriter manuals say
"put in your floppy disk"....so that means the manuals will have to
be changed to say "put in your CD"...every change creates editing of
documents...and there are always people who feel upset with the
slightest inaccuracy in manuals, because computers seem so hard to
them...certainly I can understand that...so a good manual shouldn't
leave anyone confused....except for the author - (grin ;-))

The lady who was having trouble with Windows ME today....well...it
turns out that was not the problem...the problem was that I sent her
floppy disks, and her computer had no floppy drive - only a CD drive
- gosh - what a new world! So I will be sending her a CD now so she
can install the program. I never thought I would see the day that
there are no floppy drives on a computer...

By the way, Denise, I sent you a box of videos today, which are
videos that have been used at conferences before...so they are used
videos...the cases are a tiny bit soiled...but I hope they will be
useful for your international conference, and for demonstrating the
system to others...They may be nice for your students too ;-)

I am working on a new PDF document teaching the dictionary feature in SW 4.4 -

Sorry for the delay everyone! It is almost ready....
--

Val ;->

To manage your SW List email,
send Commands to:

COMMANDS
for No Mail: SET SW-L NOMAIL
for Digest Mail: SET SW-L DIGEST
for Regular Mail: SET SW-L MAIL
for Member List: REVIEW SW-L by NAME
to Leave SW List: SIGNOFF SW-L
to Join SW List: SUB SW-L firstname lastname

  Message 4956  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index