forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 4979  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Stuart Thiessen
Date:  Sat May 19, 2001  4:55 am
Subject:  SW "knowledge base" on CD

You can get blank CD's for about 33 -66 cents apiece maybe less if you buy
in bulk. Then, as people request them, you can charge them for the cost of
the CD plus postage. Alternatively, you could include them on the CD with
the SignWriting software that you distribute. I am sure that you can fit
all of that plus the SW software on one CD. That makes one or two "images"
that you burn. Maybe have a shareware CD with the "knowledge base" (SW site
plus archives) and a full version with the "knowledge base". People who are
just interested in the "knowledge base" get the shareware version which
could be at a cheaper price (at least enough to handle CD costs and postage
and any other expenses on your side).

Maybe there is someone on the list who can help with refining how the
information gets stored on the CD so it can be as useful as possible.
Certainly all your PDF's could be placed on there as well plus the GIF's and
JPG's. So, it could amount to a very useful CD to distribute.

Alternatively, maybe there are others on the SW list who have CD burners who
would be willing to take on this project? That might be another way to go.
That might relieve some burden from you.

That is how I am thinking of it.

Stuart Thiessen
Des Moines, IA