forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 4982  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Valerie Sutton
Date:  Sat May 19, 2001  2:30 pm
Subject:  Re: Brazilian Seminar

The message below came in damaged in the SW Archives...I am sorry for
the inconvenience! Here it is again:

SignWriting List
May 19, 2001

Dear SignWriting List ;-)

I would like to thank all those in Brazil, who use SignWriting, for
keeping me informed of your important projects. Between the work in
Sao Paulo with the Brazilian Sign Language Dictionary, and the work
in Porto Alegre with SignNet, which includes several new SW computer
programs, new SW web sites, new SW textbooks and educational
materials, and on-going SW courses, there is not a day that goes by,
that I do not have another important message from Brazil...

So it is time that I start informing the SignWriting List about all
that is happening! ;-)

First, as you can see by the attached, there will be a Seminar on
Sign Language in Brazil on June 2-3, 2001.

Several presentations include SignWriting. Some of the speakers are
Ronice Quadros, Charles Butler, and Deaf teacher Marianne Stumpf, who
will be presenting a workshop on "Perspectives on Writing Sign
Language".

Congratulations to you all....I wish you all the best at the seminar!

Attachment
Brazil-Seminar1.jpg
Type: image/jpeg

  Message 4982  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index