forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 4996  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Valerie Sutton
Date:  Tue May 22, 2001  2:03 pm
Subject:  SignWriting In Brazil...

On Thu, 19 Apr 2001, Charles Butler wrote:
>I gave a presentation for the local Deaf Society last
>night (Wednesday, or Quarta Feira here) at the Federal
>University on "why a written language is so important"
>and why Sign Writing can make a difference. I talked
>for about an hour and then we had questions and
>answers from parents, administrators, psychologists,
>and at least four different deaf folk, including two
>(Marianna and Anna Carolina) who are teaching Sign
>Writing now in several locations.

SignWriting List
May 22, 2001

Hello Charles!
I am so impressed with your travels through Brazil, and all that you
have accomplished. I am also happy to read that SignWriting is being
taught in Brazil in some places...that is good news...I did not know
that Anna Carolina was teaching SignWriting, for example....so it is
like Christmas for me...reading about all that is happening ;-)
--

Val ;->

Deaf Action Committee for SignWriting
Center For Sutton Movement Writing
an educational nonprofit organization
Box 517, La Jolla, CA, 92038-0517, USA
phone: 858-456-0098....fax: 858-456-0020

To manage your SW List email:

for No Mail: SET SW-L NOMAIL
for Digest Mail: SET SW-L DIGEST
for Regular Mail: SET SW-L MAIL
for Member List: REVIEW SW-L by NAME
to Leave SW List: SIGNOFF SW-L
to Join SW List: SUB SW-L firstname lastname

  Message 4996  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index