forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 5030  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Valerie Sutton
Date:  Tue May 29, 2001  4:28 pm
Subject:  SignWriting Pen Pals in Classrooms

Nancy Cole wrote:
>Oh, just wanted to let you know that I've suggested to Lorraine a Deaf pen
>pal thing between her kids and mine. I'm not sure if she is from Hodgin
>Elementary School in Albuq, but two students from there sent my kids
>signwriting letters! They were so thrilled and had to show EVERYBODY (even
>the janitor). Anyways, I want to continue it. Also, remember the teacher
>that shares my classroom, that uses SEE? Well, she wants me to teach her
>signwriting AND to use it with her kids next year!

SignWriting List
May 29, 2001

Fabulous story about the Deaf pen pals!! Thanks so much for sharing
this with us, Nancy...

I am glad other teachers are interested in using SignWriting...There
was a teacher in Wichita, Kansas, who used SignWriting with SEE
(Signing-Exact-English method)...her name is Diana Smith...Actually
Diana wanted to use it with ASL, but because some parents preferred
SEE, she was trying to be flexible!

Fortunately SignWriting can write any movement, so the choice of
language is up to the teacher...
--

Val ;->