forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 5033  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Valerie Sutton
Date:  Wed May 30, 2001  3:03 pm
Subject:  Re: Research question about percentages

SignWriting List
May 30, 2001

QUESTION: What percentage of children are born deaf in the United
States? What is the most recent information/data that you have
available on this topic? Please respond to
<>

ANSWER:
Thanks for this question. The only information I have is on our website:

Questions & Answers About SignWriting
https://www.SignWriting.org/about/questions/questions.html

Some percentages are mentioned in this write-up:

Deafness, Sign Language & SignWriting
https://www.SignWriting.org/about/questions/quest0000.html

But these percentages are not up-to-date and I do not know a source
myself, so if you find one, please tell me!

All the best -
--

Val ;->

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Valerie Sutton

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SignWriting is a way to read, write, and
type the movements of signed languages.

Visit the SignWritingSite:
https://www.SignWriting.org

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Deaf Action Committee for SignWriting
Center For Sutton Movement Writing
an educational nonprofit organization
Box 517, La Jolla, CA, 92038-0517, USA
phone: 858-456-0098....fax: 858-456-0020

The SignWriting List
discusses writing signed languages
To join, write to...

  Message 5033  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index