forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 5042  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Valerie Sutton
Date:  Sun Jun 3, 2001  3:04 pm
Subject:  Re: Nicaragua

>I have just returned from Bluefields and Condega, by the way, where I
>distributed Volume I of our SW story collection.
>-- James Shepard-Kegl

SignWriting List
June 3, 2001

Great, James! The thick book that you sent me...is that "Volume 1"?

The kids in Nicaragua certainly have plenty to read in SignWriting...

Do your students sit down and read SignWriting stories for pleasure?

You know how some hearing people will become "engrossed in a
novel"...totally caught up in the story of the book...and they forget
they are reading because they are so interested in how the story will
end...I am wondering if reading SignWriting is at that level of
fluency yet for your students?
--

Val ;->