forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 5049  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  "Judy A. Kegl"
Date:  Mon Jun 4, 2001  2:16 am
Subject:  Re: Nicaragua and San Diego

Hi, Valerie,

We have a bit of a logistics problem which I think you can hopefully
resolve.

I will be in Bluefields all July and Judy can't handle the kids while she is
in San Diego the first week of August, and then she has to be in Orlando for
six days before proceeding to Bluefields.

So, my idea is for her to DRIVE from Maine to San Diego in the latter half
of July, taking with her Marlon (age 11) and Luisa (age 14) and Perrita (age
3 -- 45 pound Bluetick Hound). On August 1, I will rendez-vous with them in
San Diego to watch the children and dog. On August 6, Judy will leave for
Orlando and Nicaragua, and I will meander east across the country in the
family station wagon.

To make this much more productive from a SignWriting perspective, I would
like to bring one of the Deaf Nicaraguan teachers with me to meet you and
your staff and also to meet other individuals and groups across this great
nation of ours (even though I suppose most schools are closed in August.)
Albuquerque comes to mind, and aren't there some SignWriters in Kansas? So,
you can see there are some intriguing possibilities here.

I think the biggest CATCH is that we have a doggie (very house broken).
That is not a major problem along the Grand Canyon or the Rockies in
Colorado, but I will need a place to stay with her in San Diego. Do you
think you can find someone who would be able to accommodate us for a few
days????

Also, your suggestions regarding an itinerary eastward during August would
be appreciated.

-- James

  Replies Author Date
5055 Re: Nicaragua and San Diego Valerie Sutton Mon  6/4/2001

  Message 5049  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index