forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 5069  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Bill Reese
Date:  Tue Jun 5, 2001  9:04 pm
Subject:  Re: SignBank: SignWriting Online Dictionaries

Val,

I took a look at the online signs - I like the layout. Simple,
uncluttered - you can focus on the sign. I like the flag for the
nationality and the Help button in SW and English.

The whole page flickered when I chose the next sign. For me it would be
smoother and less distracting if the rest of the page remained the same
and only the things that need to change would do so - like the SW symbol
and associated word.

I know that web design isn't easy and it may be impossible to do that
but that's my first reaction.

Bill

Valerie Sutton wrote:

> SignWriting List
> June 5, 2001
>
> Dear SignWriting List Members:
>
> I have been working on a new SignWriting Dictionary Online Database,
> which will also be in FileMaker, a database program.
>
> It is a new project, that will take several years. I hope it will
> build into a valuable online database for SignWriting users someday.
>
> Right now I am experimenting with an online design. May I ask a
> favor? Can you test it for me? I have a sample on the web with five
> signs.
>
> Your feedback will be most welcome...
>
> Is this a dictionary data design you would enjoy using on the web?
> Click on the url below, to browse through five signs:
>
> SignWriting Online Dictionary sample
> https://www.SignBank.org/SBI/SBI-US-0001.html
>
> Name: SignBank.gif
> SignBank.gif Type: GIF Image (image/gif)
> Encoding: base64

  Replies Author Date
5073 Re: SignBank: SignWriting Online Dictionaries Valerie Sutton Wed  6/6/2001
5080 Re: SignBank: SignWriting Online Dictionaries Angus B. Grieve-Smith Wed  6/6/2001
5089 Re: SignBank: SignWriting Online Dictionaries Valerie Sutton Wed  6/6/2001
5096 Re: SignBank: SignWriting Online Dictionaries Angus B. Grieve-Smith Thu  6/7/2001
5097 Re: SignBank: SignWriting Online Dictionaries Valerie Sutton Thu  6/7/2001

  Message 5069  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index