forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 5096  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  "Angus B. Grieve-Smith"
Date:  Thu Jun 7, 2001  3:56 pm
Subject:  Re: SignBank: SignWriting Online Dictionaries

On Wed, 6 Jun 2001, Valerie Sutton wrote:

> Thank you so much Angus. I really appreciate your tech support!
[...]

> But I then posted those same pages, and in Netscape they flash from
> page to page. And in Internet Explorer they flash from page to page
> on only some pages, and other pages do it seamlessly with no flash!

> So the goal is to have no flashing but a smooth transition from sign
> to sign.

I agree with Jerry on this one. It's impossible not to have some
flashing as the computer redraws the screen from one Web page to the next.
It might be possible to do it smoother with a Java applet, but that takes
some serious programming (and is less reliable, and takes longer to load,
and doesn't work well with all browsers...).

-Angus B. Grieve-Smith
Linguistics Department
The University of New Mexico

  Replies Author Date
5097 Re: SignBank: SignWriting Online Dictionaries Valerie Sutton Thu  6/7/2001

  Message 5096  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index