forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 5120  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Stefan Woehrmann2
Date:  Mon Jun 18, 2001  6:11 pm

Hi Valerie and friends,

I have been very, very active in the past few weeks.
Although I didn ±² send any message I really enjoyed to read your interesting
news - ;-)

Thank you for that !!

Don ±² know how many of you took the opportunity to visit my homepage -

There are several new documents now.

It turns out that I use it within my lessons at school as well - so don ±²
feel confused if there are some documents you don ±² understand --

In the past we have had three workshops (!!!) here in Germany. I explained
the concept and an overview of SW to a group of students (who are going to
become teacher for the DEAF ) at the University at Cologne .

I am very happy to let you know that there is now a group of about 10
competent deaf signers from different places in Germany who participated in
our workshops ( "Learn to read SW " and "Learn to write SW")
Angeline is a very competent user of the SW4.4 and is able to explain most
of the reading and spelling- problems - so working as a team we could inform
hearing and deaf people within the same workshops!

It was like magic to watch the participants of the second workshop when
they experienced themselves to be able to write wonderfull bilingual
documents within 2 hours of the second day of the workshop (Learn to write
SW )
Well to copy a sign from the dictionary is not that complicated - I agreee -
he ! But the wonderfull thing about this is the fact that for the first time
for almost two years - I ±> not any more all alone on my one if it comes to
typing new SW - documents in "GebaerdenSchrift for German DGS and SW
competent people!)
Now we can share our documents and I can ask for their kind support to
check my texts or to write well-signed DGS - documents - which is no
problem to them since they are native signers!

I ±> still amused to find an answer to the question : Why should we write
documents in SW -

It is from the perspective of a teacher who feels so much under pressure to
enable his deaf students to understand, to read, to articulate - .....and
there is really anybody who should be able to accomplish a part of this
without SW ????
To amuse my students and to inform new interested people in SW I constructed
a couple of animated gifs

Have fun and continue to send many messages and gifs (!!!!!) to the
SW-list -

All the very best from

Stefan ;-)

Attachment
haare_waschen.gif
Type: image/gif

5131 Animation on Stefan's site ;-)) Valerie Sutton Tue  6/19/2001

  Message 5120  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index