forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 5126  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Lorraine Crespin
Date:  Mon Jun 18, 2001  9:25 pm
Subject:  no particular subject

Loved the animation from Stefan. Where does he find the time?! Great stuff :)
I on the otherhand continue to learn the basic writing of SW and still get
stumped by the use of arrows (did you let out a slight scream there Valerie?
You spend such patient time last summer, showing us the arrow movements). I
was wanting to work on a SW version of THe Three Little Pigs since I have
quite a supply of story versions including an ASL reinactment on videotape.
Young students generally enjoy this story. But now I am considering the
possibilty of doing a few ABC stories since they are important to Deaf
culture and from my own experience seem to be disappearing from the Deaf
community (here in Albuquerque anyway). The recent discussion on culturally
relevant stories has me thinking about it. I have made it a personal project
to produce some type of story this summer. Starting with an ABC story might
be slightly easier. I am wondering if everyone on the list, in particular
those from other countries, know what I mean by an ABC story and if there is
such a thing in other sign languages. Basically, one uses only the
handshapes of the letters of the alphabet to tell a story. They stories are
quite creative and amusing.
Lorraine

  Replies Author Date
5133 Learning Movement Symbols ;-) Valerie Sutton Tue  6/19/2001
5134 "ABC Stories" in ASL Valerie Sutton Tue  6/19/2001

  Message 5126  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index