forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 5139  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Stefan Woehrmann2
Date:  Tue Jun 19, 2001  6:46 pm
Subject:  New document on my homepage www.gebaerdenschrift.de

Hi Valerie,

I put a new document on my homepage today which might be of interest for
other teachers of Deaf students.
This is a document written by Deaf adults - who teach DGS in Germany - They
were able to write this document on the second day of our "Learn to write
GebaerdenSchrift - workshop" just using the signs from the dictionary but
they already tried and learned to correct or change the spelling of some
signs !!

I am very happy that we reached this step now here in Germany !

https://www.gebaerdenschrift.de/documents/brech/brech_womit.htm

The questions are no poetic and no deaf-culture related matter - but as a
teacher who is working hard to improve literacy with his students I like
this kind of documents very much. Deaf students understand the idea of the
question clearly. They do not have any trouble to read the SW - document. So
now it is up to them to learn grammar and vocabularies ... ;-)

It is not easy for deaf students to take this original DGS - text typed in
SW in order to translate it into correct German !

I prefer to offer an exact signed version as well - but have not written it
yet.

All the best

Stefan ;-)

  Replies Author Date
5147 Re: New document on my homepage www.gebaerdensch Valerie Sutton Wed  6/20/2001

  Message 5139  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index