forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 5148  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Charles Butler
Date:  Wed Jun 20, 2001  5:46 pm
Subject:  Re: Sign-Symbol-Sequence (SSS)

Agreed,

The whole system contains many more handshapes than any one country
currently is using, at your present count of 101. Even Libras needs a
handshape that isn't in the software (smile).

I can imagine that Burmese dancers use handshapes that truly are interesting
to behold.

I am working on an ASL Movement Alphabet poster to use in a Sunday School
class I am thinking of teaching. I'm going through the current dictionary
and looking for illustrative signs to see if an "A is for Apple", "B is for
Ball" approach will work and getting good nouns, like "giraffe" for the 5-C,
or "tree" for the open-5 handshape. It's fun, and challenging.

Charles

  Message 5148  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index