forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 5152  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Charles Butler
Date:  Wed Jun 20, 2001  11:17 pm
Subject:  Re: "ABC Stories" in ASL

A friend of mine did one of those short dialogues with me last night. I
will load it later, but the English is:

"The two of us looked at the hospital bed and at the clock. The one lying
on the bed was no longer moving. The clock said two oclock. We pulled the
plug as our friend had died."

This uses very few handshapes and is a very poignant story which shows the
facility of sign language to reduce a situation to very few signs and facial
expressions that carry an entire story.