forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 5155  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Stefan Woehrmann2
Date:  Thu Jun 21, 2001  7:26 pm
Subject:  Re: Movement Arrows in SW

Hi Lorraine , Valerie and listmembers ,

within our workshops most people took the best advantage out of the three
pictures which are taken from the Parkhurst book "SignoEscritura"

we simply refer to the "window -cleaning" level
the "table-cleaning" level
and the "boat"

Having these pictures in mind you can easyly decide what kind of arrows you
want to use for the movements

We always do our best to find one typical sign for each class of arrows as a
kind of "anchor - association " for new beginners -

book, tree, (rotation - parallel to the wall )
bike, to sign ("boat - level")
to clean (a window, the blackboard ) ("window - level")
You, there, to go, to drive (table - cleaning- level)

Once every participant can refer to a typical written Sign which is composed
of Sign-Symbols (including the arrows) they feel more secure to compare
their new spelling ideas with these accepted and well written examples.

All the best
Stefan ;-)