forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 5242  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Valerie Sutton
Date:  Sat Jul 14, 2001  1:40 pm
Subject:  Re: Sign Symbol Sequence (SSS)

Stefan wrote:
>.... and Roald what about 01-09-018 look at the attached gif - is this the
>handshape you were looking for ?

SignWriting List
July 14, 2001

So regarding the Norwegian-T....

The Index & Thumb is Group 09 in the SSS.

So you should be able to find your handshape in Group 09 on this web page:

Hands Group 09
https://www.SignBank.org/symbolbank/ssslist/ssslist07.html

One of the problems right now, is that I am not finished with the
SSS. So I hope you all will have patience with me...there are many
symbols that are not there yet, plus some symbols need to be placed
in better groups.

One of them is the symbol that Ingvild mentioned in Group 10...called
the "Thumb Hook Middle"....Maybe that symbol should not be under
"Thumb"...but instead placed in its own unique group...for "Middle
Finger and Thumb"?...Group 10 is for the Thumb all by itself,
relating to different tight Fists....but the Middle Finger and Thumb
could possibly be a separate group....just a thought....what do you
think?

Attachment
01-10-006-01.gif
Type: image/gif

5249 Re(2): Sign Symbol Sequence (SSS) Ingvild Roald Mon  7/16/2001

  Message 5242  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index