forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 5259  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Stefan Woehrmann2
Date:  Wed Jul 18, 2001  10:46 pm
Subject:  Re: Re: ¿How to write it?

Hi Charles, Hector , Valerie and listmembers

thanks for your gif -

When I looked at it I thought about several problems and would like to discuss them:

1) You didn´t write the contact symbols which are a part of Hector's spelling.
I asked myself the same question and I am just curious to ask Hector

Performing this sign - thumb touches the forehead-area as well ín the beginning as in the endpostion - A-hand - is the contact important ?? I could imagine that this sign would be performed while you are signing fluently without contact as well ?? (What does it mean - by the way ?? )

2) Charles - the "smooth motion" arc  confused me. Above there is the symbol for a fast movement but then there is the symbol for the slow movement -
I myself feel not very comfortable with the dots as movement description and prefer very much the writing of start - and endposition. Do we need the dots as extra information if we write both positions?

3) One dot represents one closing of the finger/ fingers  - two dots represent to closings of the middle-joints of the fingers.
How would you spell "milk"  or "quote"  ? Do we need extra symbols (= arcs ) to indicate that all fingers are to be closed one or two times ??

I inserted for the first time a gif directly into the email-text and hope it works !

Thanks for your feedback

Stefan ;-)

Nevertheless -