forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 5278  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Charles Butler
Date:  Fri Jul 20, 2001  8:23 pm
Subject:  Re: Re: ¿How to write it?

Dear Valerie,

In reference to Bug, I changed it in my dictionary to the straight thumb,
because the thumb is actually in contact with the nose, and it is not a bent
thumb. There is no minimal pair that divides the "West Coast" bug with the
bent "Thumb-Index-Middle" but the "East Coast" thumb is clearly straight.
All three of the figures, "Devil, Bug, and Cockroach" all have the thumb in
contact with the nose or the temple. There seems to be a clear dialectical
difference.

Charles

  Replies Author Date
5279 Re: ¿How to write it? Valerie Sutton Fri  7/20/2001

  Message 5278  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index