forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 5295  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Valerie Sutton
Date:  Tue Jul 24, 2001  1:19 pm
Subject:  Colombian Fingerspelling Letter "P"

On April 16, 2001, Héctor from Colombia wrote:
>I has a little doubt, the letter "P" is with index and middle finger
>crossed, index finger on top of middle finger, like the Spanish Sign
>Language "R" handshape, but on the FENASCOL's book the draw is
>with middle finger bent on index finger spread. Deaf use one or
>another, I use the second form my wife the first. I dont know if it
>is a wrong from the drawer. What form choose? Second form means a
>new handshape for SignWiting.

SignWriting List
July 23, 2001

Hello Everyone, and Hector!
Your question in April, about the Colombian letter "P", is an
important question, since the handshape is unusual. Based on the
illustration you gave me, I chose the middle finger on top of the
index finger. However, it is hard to read. I think we should go back
to the original P you chose, Hector....what do you think? Please see
the attached diagram....

Attachment
Colombian-R-&-P.gif
Type: image/gif

  Message 5295  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index