forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 5297  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Héctor y Margarita Devia
Date:  Wed Jul 25, 2001  3:34 am
Subject:  Re: Colombian Fingerspelling Letter "P"

SignWriting List
July 25, 2001

Hello Everyone, and Valerie!

Valerie Wrote: "Based on the illustration you gave me, I chose the middle
finger on top of the index finger. However, it is hard to read. I think we
should go back to the original P you chose, Hector.... what do you think?"

I has been thinking about the correctly way to write the letter "P" and
asking to some deaf people. They give and important input. Of course may be
there are several ways to write the letter "P".

The thumb finger it is not important for this handshape, it can be out. A
deaf say me it is similar to "N" and later watching other, they finger
spelling similar to Colombian "N" but the middle finger is bent, not
necessary on the index finger. Other options -- I feel -- are hard to read,
it don't touch my eye. Please see the attachment.

Thank you very much.
Have a good they.

Attachment
Colombian Letter P.gif
Type: image/gif

5298 Re: Colombian Fingerspelling Letter "P" Valerie Sutton Wed  7/25/2001
5314 Re: Colombian Fingerspelling Letter "P" =?iso-8859-1?Q?H=E9ctor_y_Mar Thu  7/26/2001

  Message 5297  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index