forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 5322  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Cristina
Date:  Thu Jul 26, 2001  2:54 pm
Subject:  Keeping in touch - Brazil

Dear Valerie and SW list members:
After a long break here I am. I'm Cris from Brazil and now I don't work for the SignNet Project anymore. The Project will finish in October and I've received a job offer as sign language interpreter and was obliged to quit, unfortunately. But I will go on as an 'amateur researcher' in sign writing. I still remember that when I began last year in the project I knew almost nothing about sign writing, I was even a sceptic, cause I didn't know what was it about anyway. Studying, researching, learning, getting able to 'sign write' texts and teaching I realised how important and necessary it is to the deaf community. So...you'll keep receiving my questions and doubts...poor you...*smile*
Now I work in adult deaf education classes and one day I've presented sign writing to them. They got astonished and marvelled! Unfortunately the responsible for those classes, a famous researcher in deafness here, has gave his oppinion that SW worths nothing...sad, very sad, cause even only a try he has denied to us. Everything that doesn't match with his oppinion or that he doesn't understand yet has no value for him..you see...
Well, but I'll keep in touch with you and with my dearest deaf ex-colleagues from the museum.
Sucess and...please, don't take seriously my expression in that pic with Charles, I've just eaten too much *LOL*
Cris

  Replies Author Date
5343 Re: Keeping in touch - Brazil Valerie Sutton Fri  7/27/2001

  Message 5322  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index