forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 5326  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Valerie Sutton
Date:  Fri Jul 27, 2001  1:34 am
Subject:  Finger movements - hand closes to a fist two times

Ingvild Roald wrote:
>thank you so much for these exelent lessons on the use of the finger
>movement symbols. As I've just started rewriting our lessons on Sign
>Writing (Tegns Skrift), in Norwegian and based on Norwegian Sign LAnguage,
>I am really happy to get such wonderful help.

SignWriting List
July 26, 2001

Thanks for this positive message, Ingvild. I am glad the lessons are
a help. I am still working on them...I am not done!

Meanwhile I want to thank Stefan in Germany, and Cris in Brazil, for
using position-by-position SignWriting examples in the past, when
they were posting questions to the List. That stimulated me to start
doing the same...and I think the "position-by-position diagrams"
really help, don't they?

So thank you Stefan and Cris!

I just got a call from Julianna from Peru, who was actually calling
me from Los Angeles...but I heard all the news about SW in Peru...I
am so excited to think they are really using SignWriting...Apparently
courses are being taught, and are continuing, in SignWriting in
Peru...so even though we haven't heard many reports...there are
positive signs there, with good response from the students, both Deaf
and hearing...
--

Val ;->