forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 5330  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Valerie Sutton
Date:  Fri Jul 27, 2001  5:52 am
Subject:  SignWriting books in Spanish

Ingvild Roald in Norway wrote:
>Do you know how I can get hold of the Spanish books?

SignWriting List
July 26, 2001

Here are some contacts. Spain and Nicaragua have the most
publications in SignWriting, but Colombia and Peru are starting to
develop their own. Bolivia is just getting started with new materials
this Fall.... El Salvador hasn't started yet....They would like
contact with Nicaraguans, and others who speak Spanish, first, before
they start using SignWriting.

So write to these contacts, for more information:

BOLIVIA
Miguel Villarreal

COLOMBIA
Héctor y Margarita Devia

EL SALVADOR
Eugenio Gonzalez

NICARAGUA
James & Judy Shepard-Kegl

PERU
Julianna Palmer

SPAIN
Steve & Dianne Parkhust

SPAIN
Irma Maria Munoz Baell

I hope to post the Parkhurst's textbook "SignoEscritura" on the web,
and also in PDF format for download... So in time you will be able to
print some Spanish documents from our SignWritingSite...

Irma Maria Munoz Baell at the University of Alicante in Spain, has
just published an article comparing SignWriting with HamNoSys, in
Spanish and Spanish Sign Language. She did an excellent job, as far
as I can tell....I would love to post that article too someday.

And we do have a little interest from Venezuela, Argentina and Mexico...
--

Val ;->