forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 5333  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Stefan Woehrmann2
Date:  Fri Jul 27, 2001  10:19 am
Subject:  writing down the page vs. left to right Re: Re: ASL sign for "cockroach"

Dear Valerie and friends,

Valerie wrote ...

> SignWriter 4.4 is not a perfect computer program. It was based on
> writing from left to right, first designed in 1986, and completed in
> 1995. That was the time period when we wrote from left to right.
>
> Since then, we started to write down the page and began focusing on
> "center".

Hmmm , do others in the word prefer the way to type down the page ?? Most of
the documents I found in the internet or in textbooks are written from left
to right.

As you can see on my homepage I experimented with both styles and offered
two versions (down the page and left to right ) of Goldilocks on my homepage
www.gebaerdenschrift.de

I am curiuous - what do others think ?

Do "we " really write down the page ? Or do most of us still practice the
"old-fashioned" way left to right ?

Stefan ;-)

  Message 5333  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index