forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 5337  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Stefan Woehrmann2
Date:  Fri Jul 27, 2001  10:50 am
Subject:  working with ColumnMaker - Re: Re: ASL sign for "cockroach"

Hi Valerie and friends, ...

Valerie wrote :

> Since then, we started to write down the page and began focusing on
> "center". Richard Gleaves got a full-time job at Qualcomm, and could
> not program for us anymore. He did one last thing before he stopped
> working on SignWriter...he did ColumnMaker which at least converted
> the typing from left to right into vertical columns...But that was
> not what I really wanted...I wanted a program that actually types
> vertically from the beginning.

here is just one little hint in case anybody is interestet in producing down
the page colums for the reason to create columns of SW-signs

I like to offer to my students lists of SW signs format 3 / 3 colums each
page
In the first step I have to type from left to right as you know. Afterwards
the ColumnMaker converts the signs into three colums if I ask him to do so
;-))

But if a sign is to large the convertion failed and the file will be
incomplete.

The program says :
"Column file not completed: sign too wide. Press Return to finish. " ;-(((

I always had trouble to know in before how wide a sign is allowed to be .
Now I always check it just by copying this sign three times. If all three
signs show up in one line Column - Maker will be able to arrange this sign
within a column. This saves time since I have not to go back and forth
between SW and Column Maker in order to look for this sign and to erase it
or to rearange it

Stefan ;-)

Attachment
quick_test_columnmaker.gif
Type: image/gif

  Message 5337  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index