forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 5346  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Valerie Sutton
Date:  Fri Jul 27, 2001  5:38 pm
Subject:  Re: re; squeeze and Hinge

>Thank you for the further explanation about hinge and squeeze movements. The
>difference is clear. The ASL sign for 'bird' uses a hinge movement whereas
>the sign for 'eagle' is a squeeze movement using the two finger joints of the
>index finger. Correct ? Lorraine

SignWriting List
July 27, 2001

Hello Lorraine! Yes...that is correct...I believe the ASL sign for
Eagle is a little like the sign for "huh?"...so you understand
squeeze and hinge!

And thank you for your first attached file. I was so excited to see
it. You sent it to me privately. Can you also send it to the
SignWriting List as an attached file too? ;-)

Grin.....

--

Val ;->