forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 5396  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Valerie Sutton
Date:  Tue Jul 31, 2001  6:14 pm
Subject:  Re: ABC Story

Nancy Cole wrote:
>But from Richard's story the hands never touch, and it's
>like grasping a pretend ball and squeezing it. Almost similar to the sign
>Hamburger, but not clasped.

SignWriting List
July 31, 2001

In your writing, Nancy, you used Simultaneous Lines. Those are not
correct here. As you can see in my example, the sign for "hamburger"
uses little plus symbols...those plus symbols mean "to grasp" or "to
hold".

If you take the Grasp Symbols away, then no holding has been
written...that is one way to write the sign (there is another diagram
coming after this one too).

I hope you can read this jpeg:

Attachment
Form-Earth-ASL1.jpg
Type: image/jpeg

5397 Re: ABC Story Valerie Sutton Tue  7/31/2001

  Message 5396  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index