forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 5414  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Valerie Sutton
Date:  Thu Aug 2, 2001  1:47 pm
Subject:  Re: Double gifs

Marie Alexander wrote:
>I also receive double gifs in Windows - one with a % (which I cannot
>read) and one without (which I can). Clever me (Ha! Ha!) just
>assumed this was deliberate and that as long as I could read one
>others could read the other depending on their programmes. Perhaps
>the saying "Where ignorance is bliss it is folly to be wise" makes
>my life simpler ?

SignWriting List
August 2, 2001

Hello Marie and Everyone!
Many thanks to you all for your information about my sending double
gifs...And thanks too, for being so uncomplaining!

I still can't figure out why my own Windows computers do not get the
double gifs, but yours do...Oh well!

I won't send any attachments until I figure this out. I will be
working with Nicaraguan Deaf guests on SignWriting this weekend. So
late next week, I will have more time to focus on this issue.

I envy your simple life, Marie...but don't ever assume you do not
know as much as others. You may know far more than you
realize!...Plus others need your input. Since I am seeing something
different on my computer than you do, there would be no way for me to
know unless you told me.

All of us feel lost at times, when it comes to changing technology...
--

Val ;->