forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 5420  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Valerie Sutton
Date:  Mon Aug 6, 2001  3:23 pm
Subject:  Re: New KJV/ASL SignWriting Bible Pages!

Jerry Spillman wrote:
>...Three new Sign Bible Pages from Pastor Ronald Dettloff and The
>Deaf Church in St. Clair Shores,Michigan:
>https://cyberjer.com/signbibl/pg35.htm "David comforts Saul"
>https://cyberjer.com/signbibl/pg36.htm "Save Your Life"
>https://cyberjer.com/signbibl/pg37.htm "How Mature Christians Learn"

SignWriting List
August 6, 2001

Hello Everyone ;-)

Thank you, Jerry and Pastor Dettloff, for these great postings!

I am impressed with how long some of the documents are...What a lot
of work you are doing!...Translating from the Bible verses into ASL,
then typing the translations into SignWriting, editing and then
posting on the web...

This weekend I briefly discussed your Bible Site with two Deaf
Nicaraguan guests...Anselmo and Daphne. Although I cannot be 100%
sure I understood them fully (since I do not know Nicaraguan Sign
Language), even so...we seemed to communicate well with individual
discussions.

We were sitting at the computer and I showed them our web sites. When
I opened the Bible Site it seemed they knew all about it! So your
site is getting attention from those who do not necessarily know
ASL...Kind of fun, isn't it?

Val ;-)

  Message 5420  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index