forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 5426  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Valerie Sutton
Date:  Wed Aug 8, 2001  1:25 am
Subject:  SignBank Database

SignWriting List
August 7, 2001

Dear SW List Members!

I am having fun. I am working very hard on SignBank, which is our new
dictionary database program in FileMaker. I hope to have a test version
ready in September - October. That is a short time away!

The SignBank Database will someday be in many signed and spoken
languages. Right now, this first version is in English and American
signs, with some sample signs from other countries.

Databases oftentimes have many parts or sections.... like a big house
with many rooms.

I learned a new term recently. In database terminology, a "Portal" is
like a door or a window. It is the place you enter the database, to
view the data from one central location.

So SignBank has a Portal now!

Upon entering the SignBank Portal, visitors can choose from five
SignBank formats. I will now review them with you, one by one. This may
take a few days to discuss them all...feel free to ask questions about
these formats. I welcome your discussion.

SignBank 1 is the Word-to-Sign format. You can type a word, to find a
sign. Or scroll through the whole list of words, double click on the one
you want, and presto! The sign appears in the Sign Box to the left:

Attachment
SBI-design.gif
Type: image/gif

5427 Re: SignBank Database Valerie Sutton Thu  8/9/2001
5430 Re: SignBank Database Valerie Sutton Thu  8/9/2001
5428 Double gifs Valerie Sutton Thu  8/9/2001
5429 Re: SignBank Database Charles Butler Thu  8/9/2001
5431 Re: SignBank Database Valerie Sutton Thu  8/9/2001

  Message 5426  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index