forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 5427  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Valerie Sutton
Date:  Thu Aug 9, 2001  2:30 pm
Subject:  Re: SignBank Database

SignWriting List
August 9, 2001

Continuing SignBank Database discussion...

Upon entering the SignBank Portal, visitors can choose from five
SignBank formats.

In the previous message, I presented the first format, SignBank I, a
Word-to-Sign dictionary. In SignBank I, you type a word to find a
sign.

Attached is a GIF showing the second format....SignBank II.

SignBank II is a Sign-To-Word dictionary. The signs are in
Sign-Symbol-Sequence in the listing to the right. You scroll through
the list to find the sign you wish. Double-click on the sign you
choose, and it appears in the sign box to the left.

Notice that the symbols used to place the sign into
Sign-Symbol-Sequence are listed near the chosen sign. This way,
students can learn the components of each sign, and can also study
the Sequence of those symbols:

Attachment
SBII-design.gif
Type: image/gif

5430 Re: SignBank Database Valerie Sutton Thu  8/9/2001

  Message 5427  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index