forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 5434  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Valerie Sutton
Date:  Fri Aug 10, 2001  2:47 pm
Subject:  Re: Some basic information about SW needed...

SignWriting List
August 10, 2001

Continuing with Ulla's questions...

QUESTION 2:
I have succeed to use SW and write Finnish Signlanguage with it. But
how can I save the files to the Floppy (A) and then move to the other
computer and other SW programme?

ANSWER 2:
Congrats on succeeding to write Finnish Sign Language, Ulla!

First, did you copy the entire SW folder from your CD to the
different computers? That is the first step. So I am assuming that
you have a complete copy of the SW folder (or directory) on each
computer.

Second, I assume you have already typed a new document with
SignWriter on one computer?..... Let us imagine you named it "Ulla".
When you save it, and quit SignWriter, you will find a new file in
your SW directory called "Ulla.sgn". That is the file you need to
copy.

Third, insert a floppy disk into your computer, and copy "Ulla.sgn"
to the floppy. Then eject the floppy and insert it into your other
computer. Open the SW directory in the that computer and copy
"Ulla.sgn" into that SW folder. Then, when you start SignWriter
there, you will find a file named Ulla in your file box.
--

Val ;->