forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 5435  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Valerie Sutton
Date:  Fri Aug 10, 2001  3:02 pm
Subject:  Re: Some basic information about SW needed...

SignWriting List
August 10, 2001

Continuing with Ulla's questions...

QUESTION 3:
I can't use the Dictionary. There happens always some 'error' when I
try to save signs in it. I have done as the instructions said...

ANSWER 3:
There is no Save command for the dictionary. Saving signs into the
dictionary is done in a special way...

First, I need to know if you have read your PDF file about copying
signs into the dictionary? As you know, your SW CD came with Help
Files (a long list of PDF files).

The same Help Files are also located on the web. Go to:

Lessons in using the SignWriter Computer Program
https://signwriting.org/forums/software/sw44/sw44less/download.html

Scroll down the list of lessons. Read Lesson 13:

"Copy Signs and Copy Signs Into Dictionary"

That pdf file will teach you how to paste new signs into the
dictionary, by using the Copy command.

If you have already followed the those instructions step by step, and
still have problems, please write again....
--

Val ;->