forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 5440  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Valerie Sutton
Date:  Sat Aug 11, 2001  6:30 pm
Subject:  Colombian-Spanish Translations

SignWriting List
August 11, 2001

Dear SW List:
Yesterday, and today, I received a long list of attached files from
Hector in Colombia. Hector has translated some of the basic
instruction in SignWriter 4.4 into Spanish and Colombian Sign
Language.

So I will now be placing those files into the shareware version for
Colombia, and then re-posting it on the web...

I will inform you when the new Colombian shareware is posted.

By the way, in Spain they call SignWriting "SignoEscritura". I
noticed that Hector has called SignWriting "Escritura de Seņas"....It
seems that Spain says "signo" for "sign", but countries in Central
and South American tend to say "sena"....same spoken language
(Spanish), but different dialects and cultures create different
terminology.

Many thanks, Hector, for your contribution!!
--
Val ;->

...visit the...

SignWritingSite
https://www.SignWriting.org
Read & Write Sign Languages

SignBankSite
https://www.SignBank.org
Sign Language Dictionaries

DanceWritingSite
https://www.DanceWriting.org
Read & Write Dance

MovementWritingSite
https://www.MovementWriting.org
Read & Write All Movement

Deaf Action Committee for SignWriting
Center For Sutton Movement Writing
an educational nonprofit organization
Box 517, La Jolla, CA, 92038-0517, USA
phone: 858-456-0098....fax: 858-456-0020

  Message 5440  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index